The 2017 Advent of Code may already be two months behind us, but I figured it’s still not too late to write up some of my solutions for the challenge. It was my first time participating, and I managed to finish about 10 of them before the holiday festivities (and thesis writing) caught up with me.

As almost purely an R User, my answers are all R based. It may not be the neatest for certain puzzles, but you can always make it work somehow! Upon re-visiting my code, I’ve also tried to tidy it up and use dplyr and other tidyverse tools when I can. For the most part, I’ve omitted library(tidyverse); you can assume that I’ve got the tidyverse loaded for the solutions!